marți, 13 noiembrie 2012

Silly butterflies

some days I dress pretty for boys
and some days I dress pretty for girls-
today I covered my skin for you,I wish you knew
that my hand trembled when I painted my eyes
with purple,thinking you'd notice,that you'd care
about those silly butterflies infesting
my stomach and my toes and my mind...
I'm tired of seeking salvation in beautiful strangers!
still...did you look at me?did you find me worth saving?
did you even see those invisible wings
soaring from my lips?
I don't think you did; it doesn't matter-
"I set my expectations high/
So nothing ever comes out right."
some things aren't meant to be and others
just don't fit the Universe's seams;
I'm going to buy myself roses and sing while
watching the rain and pretend I'm not crazy-
silly,silly,silly things...

5 comentarii:

Tibi spunea...

I would notice :)

and those are not silly things, they're rather beautiful.

Adriana spunea...

Thank you. :)

They may be beautiful,but they're still silly.

Tibi spunea...

If they were silly, they couldn't be beautiful.

Adriana spunea...

To my mind,one does not exclude the other.

Tibi spunea...

Well, it is true that some silly things are beautiful...