miercuri, 20 noiembrie 2013

Silver or feathers?

Determining your self-worth is a process which more often leads to agony than an epiphany.In a world which thrives upon competition and rivalry,there's no room for the shy or the slow or the feeble.There's no room for me...
I keep trying to make myself understand that I shouldn't be thinking like this,but everything around me proves otherwise.Sometimes,we're more like hyenas than ourselves...
Should I weigh my importance in the world using beads of silver or baskets of feathers?They'd amount to the same quantity,I'm sure,yet the quality and external appreciation would most certainly differ:feathers are fleeting,silver sinks low...
I'm growing more and more tired of myself and the world around me,wishing I could just weave a cocoon around me and disappear for a few centuries.Or until the world stops shrinking.
On the one hand,I'd like to fight and assert myself and become somebody.On the other hand,my bones are hollower than a bird's,yet I still can't fly.Why does falling always win?Icarus should know better than me...
Lesson of the day:no matter how hard you try,you'll never be enough,and I don't know whether this scares or soothes me in some peculiar way.
One day,maybe I'll understand it all-but not today...

Niciun comentariu: