joi, 13 februarie 2014

Candy for the soul

I had to get out of the house and just do something,for fear I might actually go crazy from thinking things I shouldn't be thinking about...So,I went grocery shopping and,contrary to popular belief,it felt good.
The air was so strong and cold that my lungs seemed at the brink of weeping-whether of joy or pain,I cannot tell.Then,I got to roam aimlessly through the aisles,picking the biggest box of chocolates I could find and some other stuff,pulling faces at ridiculous prices,grinning from ear to ear when coming across a puzzle with Van Gogh's "Irises" stapled on the cover.
For the first time in a long time,I didn't care about the strangers around me and what they might think-I disconnected from my own egocentricity and became a part of something much larger,even impersonal,I might say.
Yes,I am aware that a supermarket is the less glorious place to be having an epiphany in,but you don't get to pick and choose where these things happen,you know...
And no,I don't have a Valentine's date,I just wanted to sweeten my already bitter life,is that too much to ask for?I hope not...
Anyway,I really do hope things will somehow get better.I'm longing for days when I don't have to convince myself I'm fine.
Today was alright.

Niciun comentariu: