miercuri, 31 iulie 2013

Captive ramblings

You know,I consider myself a woman of simple taste and simple pleasures:I prefer a nice glass of white wine,a comforting rest,sharp knives,nothing fancy.Let's pretend I was going somewhere with this...

I find myself more and more aware of this invisible pair of shackles hanging from my wrists towards the ground.
Maybe I'm finally going crazy,but I can't shake off a sense of smothering captivity.This is the absolute worst:being stuck between "nothing" and "everything"...
My limbs are numb,my mind is fuzzy,my future is a bad joke.I'm scared of the present and the past doesn't come as any sort of consolation.If this is my Revelation,then I demand a refund!
I've said it a million times before and I'll say it a million times more,as long as this damned state stubbornly clings to me:I don't know what to do in order to cross to one side or another.Yes,I want to conquer the world and show that I'm worth something and die with a smile on my lips.Yes,I'm perfectly content with a mediocre life and a mediocre death because nothing really matters in the end.You see,this sort of thinking gets people into straitjackets...
I can't cry.My memories physically hurt.I don't want to see my friends and I'm constantly biting my tongue around my family.And,as silly as it looks on paper,as terrifying and palpable it is in reality.I'm just stealing silent therapy again,that's all...
These creamy white walls are finally getting to me,it seems.I can be such a bad person every so often-and that's without actually doing something bad!
I know my happiness will make the ones I love happy in return,but there are things even I can't fake.

In the middle of a collapsing state of mind,I seek answers for questions I'd rather not utter out loud.
My,oh my,will I be able to save myself?
My,oh,my...

Niciun comentariu: