joi, 31 mai 2012

Gifts from the rain

It's that time of the year again,
when everything moves as if
life were a ferris wheel-
up and down,down and up again,
what a journey to cherish,
what a story to tell!
I bring my fleeting contribution
in gifts of paper and sand,
for I know no better way of saying
my heart's monologue
than through passing bits
of our eternal novel.
The oncoming storm foreshadows
a time not yet born,but equally alive
in sound and in image-
but why worry before the first drop?
Now is reality's mark and
now is waging a war
with the speed of light!
Give me joy and give me sorrow,
I know their ways too well-
I've danced as a queen and
wept like a servant
in the same castle for decades!
It's that time of the year again,
when I'd rather grace somebody else's eyes
with a little glimpse of Paradise.

Niciun comentariu: