sâmbătă, 15 decembrie 2012

The great "today"

You know what's great about today?It simply is.You can feel it,touch it,smell it,live it to the fullest,whether it is beautiful or not.You think you can change it,but,in reality,it changes you.Balancing both past and future,becoming everything and nothing,that's how the present works.Intimidating,unpredictable,sometimes amazing-fascinating,right?
I've never been much of a "now" person.Caught in yesterday,drawn to tomorrow,rarely cherishing the miracles and flaws sprawled in front of my eyes.It's hard,though.Acknowledging your realness,your frailty and constant weakness,the fact that you exist at this very same moment and that you will cease to exist at one point or another.
I saw "The perks of being a wallflower" today and,having read the book,I can only say that the impact it had on me was more than I could ever fathom into words.Man,"beautifully depressing" doesn't even begin to cover it!Just...wow!
It never ceases to amaze me how purifying and mobilizing art can be.How two hours spent in front of a screen can rearrange the atoms of my soul,of my eyes,of my reality.It never really does...
I need to start saying "I love you!" every day.Kiss the people I care about more often.Admit when I'm hurting and rejoice when the day demands it.Dance like no one's watching,not even myself.Sing till it hurts (even though I suck at it).Write all the time,with ink,with dirt,with blood (if necessary).Smile and live and cry and die.And everything has to be done "today"...every "today"!
I can barely see through my tears.My heart's sad and happy,illuminated,free.It's been quite a ride,though I haven't even moved and inch in a while.My body feels cleansed,as though drenched in the outcome of a cathartic rain.Alive!I'm alive!It's true and it's here...
I should never forget about "today".Never!As sappy as it may sound,it's a gift you don't receive twice.Ever...
I'm going to drink a ton of coffee and randomly hug my family members now.Because I feel empty and complete.And I need to hang on somehow to this emotion.
Today,today,the great today...

Niciun comentariu: